the best is yet to come!

the best is  yet to come!

Saturday 21 March 2015

Quotes That Will Make You Fall In Love With Poetry

“You could tie my tongue
My lips, my teeth
Split them into surrender
Into a foreign language
And I would still manage
To cough up your name.”

- Danielle Shorr, “Let”





“Here I love you.
Here I love you and the horizon hides you in vain.
I love you still among these cold things.
Sometimes my kisses go on those heavy vessels
that cross the sea towards no arrival.
I see myself forgotten like those old anchors.”

- Pablo Neruda, “Here I Love You”



You are a horse running alone
and he tries to tame you
compares you to an impossible highway
to a burning house
says you are blinding him
that he could never leave you
forget you
want anything but you
you dizzy him, you are unbearable
every woman before or after you
is doused in your name.”
- Warsan Shire, “For Women Who Are Difficult to Love”


“He used to love me,
and now
he’s just a stranger
who happens to know
all my secrets.”

- Clementine Von Radics, “It’s Just So Strange”

No comments:

Post a Comment